Monday, March 22, 2010

If you give a child a teacher....

All three candidates were present and accounted for at the Monona Cable Forum last night. With the impending vote on consolidation and budget cuts coming up on Wednesday, many of the questions centered on Maywood and priorities for budget cuts. While answering one of the questions, I stated, as I have before, that teachers and programming were my main budget priorities and that anything that affected that should be cut as a last resort. Imagine my amazement when I looked into the audience and saw a person shaking her head at me...did I say something wrong??? If teachers and programming are not what is most important to our district's budget, than how can we possibly hope to educate the children? I am still in awe over what I saw in the audience last night and have been trying to figure out how anyone could disagree with that statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment